Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

Project 52Minne's NEW 2019 52

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Minne's NEW 2019 52

Post by minniev » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:04 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:08 pm
I like that last shot, if everything was frozen, then the sense of speed wouldn't be there. Love the detailed sharpness of the image overall and you absolutely know where they have been and where they are going. They are framed very nicely by their environment. Any you captured their fearless lean into where they are headed - and I like the contrast against the old slow red tractor on the left.
Thanks Piet. That is what I was trying to do, imperfectly as usual. I do wish I had a way to retain or recreate a little more of their faces, not all but a little. I did get a bit of Jack's expression though. The boys love daredevil riding.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:23 pm

minniev wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:04 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
I like that last shot, if everything was frozen, then the sense of speed wouldn't be there. Love the detailed sharpness of the image overall and you absolutely know where they have been and where they are going. They are framed very nicely by their environment. Any you captured their fearless lean into where they are headed - and I like the contrast against the old slow red tractor on the left.
Thanks Piet. That is what I was trying to do, imperfectly as usual. I do wish I had a way to retain or recreate a little more of their faces, not all but a little. I did get a bit of Jack's expression though. The boys love daredevil riding.
maybe leave the background super sharp, but take the protagonists and give them an artistic treatment of some type, and perhaps draw some details back in - make it looks like animated characters invaded our world.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:36 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:23 pm
minniev wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:04 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
maybe leave the background super sharp, but take the protagonists and give them an artistic treatment of some type, and perhaps draw some details back in - make it looks like animated characters invaded our world.
Good points, since artistic treatment changes all expectations.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:42 pm

This week's theme: Smoke. Well, ya'll already know I don't own a candle, and I find that currently I don't own a match either, took them to the country house for the Labor Day cookout. So unless I strike two rocks together I won't be making any kind of fire. Besides, it's supposed to be 111 degrees today.
So I did some emulation/play. Took a photo of great grandmother Johnson's old oil lamp with the sun rising behind the chimney. Then I played with some free Photoshop brushes that are supposed to let you create smoke. Fun even if kinda silly.

Then I dug around in the archives to find some real smoke, from a forest fire in Alberta we chanced upon two summers ago, in Jasper NP near Maligne Lake. They had just reopened the park as the fire had died down, but there was still a lot of smoke and smoldering going on and areas were closed to the public. I added some textures to get a little of the malevolent color we'd seen from a distance the day before, while it was still raging but we couldn't get in.
Attachments
lamp (1 of 1).jpg
maligne.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:49 pm

This would be a great imae even without the smoke..well done minniev

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:48 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:49 pm
This would be a great imae even without the smoke..well done minniev
Thank ya Frank!

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:06 pm

Alright, enough already !!! You are just getting tooooooo damn good. That first one is a knock' em outta the park photo !!! Great stuff Minnie.
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:59 pm

davechinn wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:06 pm
Alright, enough already !!! You are just getting tooooooo damn good. That first one is a knock' em outta the park photo !!! Great stuff Minnie.
Dave
Glad you liked my experiment!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:23 pm

We had a weird assignment this week: to take a photo without looking at it through any kind of viewfinder, sort of shooting blind. I went along. My version was this: while I was out a couple of nights ago shooting the harvest moon, I aimed my camera down below the fishing pier and shot into the darkness there. What I got was water, weeds, a few dying water lilies, and of course some trash. Here's a crop of one, brightened up and dealt with rather creatively with Topaz Studio 2, a thing Topaz kindly sent me for free but I don't know what to do with. Every time I open it, it wants to update, and new stuff appears here and there. It seems to have various artistic filters, perhaps more than I've found, and some of them can be deconstructed like PS actions can.
Attachments
moon (1 of 1)-2.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:34 pm

Certainly made an interesting image..well done.