Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Project 52Minnie's 2020 52 Project

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Minnie's 2020 52 Project

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:54 am
aw Min - super nice work
Thanks Piet. It was fun, and good practice.

The strange young couple right behind my children reminded me of Jared and Ivanka, they had that same animated-robot look.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:00 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:54 am
aw Min - super nice work
Thanks Piet. It was fun, and good practice.

The strange young couple right behind my children reminded me of Jared and Ivanka, they had that same animated-robot look.
I'm glad you mentioned them, I didn't want to speak towards them, but I thought them out of place for what you were doing. It never struck me that they were an intentional contrast to the warmth and completeness of the child. The two young adults struck me as the epitome of ME - IT IS ABOUT ME. Probably not very fair towards them, but that was the nasty (and shameful) conclusion I immediately made.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:47 pm

I'm glad you mentioned them, I didn't want to speak towards them, but I thought them out of place for what you were doing. It never struck me that they were an intentional contrast to the warmth and completeness of the child. The two young adults struck me as the epitome of ME - IT IS ABOUT ME. Probably not very fair towards them, but that was the nasty (and shameful) conclusion I immediately made.
Ya, they looked like mannequins. The guy must have been dozing off because in all 3 shots you can only see the whites of his eyes? Weird.

And if you look carefully you'll see 1 person in each photo wearing a white shirt and suit coat.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

I abandoned my 52 and am not sure I'll take it back up more than sporadically. Two weeks ago the theme was sunsets, and I posted my sunset picture in a thread of its own instead of in this thread (I had already lost my mind by then). Then last week the assignment was Animals. I looked around my dusty yard, strewn here and there with boys' toys no longer used. I could find no animals. The frogs and lizards Luke used to catch, the birds and squirrels Jack tried to trap were all gone, as if they knew they were no longer needed. I looked for bugs, something that amuses Luke, but found not even one ant. So I went back inside, and Zeke crawled into my lap looking as doleful as I felt. Took this with my ipad, and tinkered in layers.
Attachments
zeke (1 of 1)-2.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Very nicely done...wonderful image

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:22 pm
Very nicely done...wonderful image
thanks

St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3Murray »

minniev wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:47 am
I abandoned my 52 and am not sure I'll take it back up more than sporadically. Two weeks ago the theme was sunsets, and I posted my sunset picture in a thread of its own instead of in this thread (I had already lost my mind by then). Then last week the assignment was Animals. I looked around my dusty yard, strewn here and there with boys' toys no longer used. I could find no animals. The frogs and lizards Luke used to catch, the birds and squirrels Jack tried to trap were all gone, as if they knew they were no longer needed. I looked for bugs, something that amuses Luke, but found not even one ant. So I went back inside, and Zeke crawled into my lap looking as doleful as I felt. Took this with my ipad, and tinkered in layers.
Art reflects reality, reality reflects mood. You can hear the worry in your voice, the sadness in the image.

I have no magic words that will make it all better expect to focus on the good things and continue to do what makes you happy. There is fear in the world, and disease, but with caution and distance there is still so much to be thankful for. We have virtual tours of museums and national parks to bring us inspiration, face-to-face communication through our phones to talk with our loved one, and we have the things that make us happy too.

Life is about focus and perspective where you tell the story. S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

Minnie, this is beautiful and makes me think of Emmy, our lab that we buried three years ago. Zeke's love for you is showing through and through - thank you so very much for posting this. Please give Zeke a very big hug from me.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Partial black and white in a photo.

Not inspired or inspiring but a few minutes practice using color selection tool...
Attachments
color (1 of 1).jpg

St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3Murray »

minniev wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:01 pm
Partial black and white in a photo.

Not inspired or inspiring but a few minutes practice using color selection tool...
Is the little shelter to the right new? It seems I don't remember any of that. S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"