“It is better to inspire than direct." —Sheryl Sandberg

Project 52Pauls 52

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
pah43
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Pauls 52

Postby pah43 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:53 am

In a word - Wind! YES :o

Paul
Cheers,
Paul.

“Wherever there is light, one can photograph." :photo:

pah43
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Re: Pauls 52 - week 32

Postby pah43 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:40 am

Took this 5 shot panorama from a viewing platform over looking the Coffin Bay national Park which is located at the Southernmost tip of the Eyre Peninsular - a lovely area - desolate and unspoiled. The second shot shows a typically busy South Australian beach just east of Point Avoid in the Coffin bay National Park. ;)

Cheers,
Paul.

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby TomCofer » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:38 pm

Nice panos Paul. Love all the blue. :)
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

WesternGuy
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Postby WesternGuy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:29 am

Neat pano - I thought our prairies were flat. What about the hills in the distance? What are they and how far away might they be?

Interesting beach shot. It appears to be fenced off. Is there a reason for this? You have some neat place names - Point Avoid and Coffin Bay. There must be some history behind these - care to elaborate?

WesternGuy
You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn't waste either. - Galen Rowell

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
My new blog: http://photowestguy.wordpress.com/

pah43
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Postby pah43 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:09 am

Thanks Guys, The hills you can on the horizon are about 50 Km away, they are not mountains rather big hills and the land you can see is basically sand dunes covered with the scrub you can see, the whole area is a huge national park with one road in and out (legally that is), the road, now sealed follows the old Yangie trail which was a very rough track and leads to point Avoid which I guess was named because of the high cliffs and severe rocky coastline, a death trap for small ships - huge seas happen here due to the convergence of the Indian Ocean and The Southern Ocean. Its also is breeding territory for White Pointer Sharks - They are BIG around this area- A guy was killed there not long ago. The Beach shot with the fence is just a parking area and to keep you away from crumbling cliff edges, there are tracks down to most of the beaches but you are most definitely on your own - no rescue services nearby and very patchy phone reception. Coffin Bay is named after the 1st Officer on board Matthew Flinders boat when the bay was first discovered so nothing really ominous in the name - its a beautiful small fishing town, famous for its Oysters. In all this whole area is a very beautiful part of Australia but we dont tell people about it so it keeps the crowds away :D - Ive posted a couple of other shots both take from the Point Avoid area - hope you enjoy them :D
Cheers Paul

Point Avoid

Looking back to The East Of Point Avoid
Cheers,
Paul.

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby TomCofer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:44 am

Thanks for the additional shots and info Paul.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

Wind
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus

Postby Wind » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:18 am

Tickling my fancy there Paul. Never get sick of the rugged SA coastline. Nicely done.

pah43
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Re: Pauls 52 Week 33

Postby pah43 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:31 am

Not been a good week or so, been battling side effects of prescription drugs, heaps of hot weather and a trip into hospital day surgery for minor repairs so not felt like going out with the camera, BUT ive taken a lot while I was away a couple of weeks ago so this weeks effort is all about the post processing of those shots, this particular shot is at Sleaford Bay (again !) and is one I have selected to enter in the open class in our clubs monthly competition. Hopefully now Im feeling somewhat less drugged and butchered I will get out and take shots for next week.

Cheers,
Paul.

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby TomCofer » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:12 pm

Hope you get to feeling better soon Paul.
I really like the clouds in that one. :)

thcofer@charter.net

pah43
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Re: Pauls 52 - Week 34

Postby pah43 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:32 am

I managed t get the camera out this week- early morning trip up to Port Augusta (next town north) with my son - went to drive his car back so he could pick up his new shiny Mazda 3 after he finishes work. Of course it was a grey dull day - no sign of the nice weather we have been having lately. I didnt go far it was pretty futile but here are 3 that I did take.

This the Yellow Throated Miner bird (according to my wife's book on birds) - was hard to get - zipping everywhere (?)

The mural on the bridge is dedicated to the late Mayor of Port Augusta - Joy Baluch - quite a character in her time!

This old ship aint going anywhere any time soon - especially at high tide!
Cheers,
Paul.

Return to “Project 52”