It saddens me to forward the news that our good friend and fellow photographer, Matt Quinn, has passed.
As some of you may know, he had been battling cancer for a while and was on his way to recovery.
Please take a moment to remember him in your prayers.
"Sometimes imagination is no more than randomness applied." —Piet Francke

People ShowcaseGrandkids in three varieties

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Grandkids in three varieties

Post by Duck » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:08 pm

Thanks Minnie, Dave...

These have been more an exercise in creativity than trying to settle on any one look. None of these have been actions though I can probably make them into actions. I really like the naturalness of the watercolor one and finally found a workflow that give somewhat natural looking results. I'm still tweaking it though.

I did, however, settle on one fun design I created I can use as a background for boys. Here's a sample;
Unitas_Photography-0051.jpg
I made a high res background I can use as an overlay. I'm going to create a few more (princesses and castles, robots, trucks, ballerinas, etc.) that clients can choose from. Since they are custom made, i can even offer premium backgrounds that are personalized. ;)
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:26 pm

Duck wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:08 pm
Thanks Minnie, Dave...

These have been more an exercise in creativity than trying to settle on any one look. None of these have been actions though I can probably make them into actions. I really like the naturalness of the watercolor one and finally found a workflow that give somewhat natural looking results. I'm still tweaking it though.

I did, however, settle on one fun design I created I can use as a background for boys. Here's a sample;

Unitas_Photography-0051.jpg

I made a high res background I can use as an overlay. I'm going to create a few more (princesses and castles, robots, trucks, ballerinas, etc.) that clients can choose from. Since they are custom made, i can even offer premium backgrounds that are personalized. ;)
What a cool idea about the backgrounds! (that is a terrific photo too)

And I'm in awe that you can do your own watercolor painting.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:18 am

on that watercolor one, the thing that is bugging me is the outline being so strong.

I love very much that last shot with action pose and the arm so foreshortened. I don't like it as an image, the background is so soft and soothing that it doesn't jive with the action pose. You should turn that pose into a sketch!!! It would be treasured, spider man himself doesn't look as ready for a fight as this young lad does.

I'd love to see that last one as an action sketch - and not just because I am liking sketches lately!!