“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” —Nelson Mandela

Animals ShowcaseDawn at the Rookery(2017)-1 - Tree tops

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Dawn at the Rookery(2017)-1 - Tree tops

Post by Didereaux » Tue May 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Drug myself out of bed at a quater to four this morning so I could get to the rookery before sunrise, about a forty minute drive. Made it...but the dammed gates were locked. Said the County would open the park at 8AM ... A FULL HOUR AFTER SUNRISE! HA! I have a 20 yr old dodge 3/4 ton diesel I drive around, and so I drove around there silly gates and fences! ( Got out of there with 15 minutes to spare...7:45AM) EDIT: meant 6:45AM lol Anywho really late in the season so most of the Roseattes had already raised there brood and headed out (one exception, I'll talk about in another post). Got some pretty decent shots, all things considered. set of Great Egret triplets, fully fledged, but still mooching off the folks put on a pretty good show (in a later post). Here are some tree top shots both pre, and just at dawn. Nothing I consider spectacular, but sets the tone for the rest of this series.

web7D2-8067.jpg

web7D2-8154.jpg
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Wed May 17, 2017 4:05 am

Didereaux wrote:Drug myself out of bed at a quater to four this morning so I could get to the rookery before sunrise, about a forty minute drive. Made it...but the dammed gates were locked. Said the County would open the park at 8AM ... A FULL HOUR AFTER SUNRISE! HA! I have a 20 yr old dodge 3/4 ton diesel I drive around, and so I drove around there silly gates and fences! ( Got out of there with 15 minutes to spare...7:45AM) lol Anywho really late in the season so most of the Roseattes had already raised there brood and headed out (one exception, I'll talk about in another post). Got some pretty decent shots, all things considered. set of Great Egret triplets, fully fledged, but still mooching off the folks put on a pretty good show (in a later post). Here are some tree top shots both pre, and just at dawn. Nothing I consider spectacular, but sets the tone for the rest of this series.

I'm often confronted with the we'll open at sunrise option but by then the shot is gone and admire you for taking the scenic route.

The first is beautiful, absolutely beautiful and well worth the effort to get it. The detail, the lighting, beautiful! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"