It saddens me to forward the news that our good friend and fellow photographer, Matt Quinn, has passed.
As some of you may know, he had been battling cancer for a while and was on his way to recovery.
Please take a moment to remember him in your prayers.
"Sometimes imagination is no more than randomness applied." —Piet Francke

Animals ShowcaseBeauty in the Marsh

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1601
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Beauty in the Marsh

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:39 pm

thank you Dave and Minnie,

Here is the Eastern Shore Rago Muffin
RagoS.jpg

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:54 pm

exquisite.......

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4376
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:49 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:39 pm
thank you Dave and Minnie,

Here is the Eastern Shore Rago Muffin

RagoS.jpg
This is incredibly beautiful Piet. It makes my heart sing on this dreary day. I can almost hear him.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1601
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:46 am

holy cow! Thank you Frank and Minnie, your words are uplifting. Today was rough for me, just didn't feel like making use of free time to study. At least I had the energy to practice basic photo editing!

Here is the Marsh Angel - Angel of death for fish and amphibians I am sure - though he looks a little skinny,,

marshAngel.jpg
..

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:02 pm

Great catch Piet without a doubt...even though this is showcase I thought I'd let you find my edit as your option says it's Ok...these were my first thoughts when I viewed your wonderful image (extremely minor)..at least you've enough gumption to get out, I haven't even picked up my camera lately
Attachments
marshAngel copy_psjunkie.jpg

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1601
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:18 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:02 pm
Great catch Piet without a doubt...even though this is showcase I thought I'd let you find my edit as your option says it's Ok...these were my first thoughts when I viewed your wonderful image (extremely minor)..at least you've enough gumption to get out, I haven't even picked up my camera lately
thanks Frank - my processing was a lot of refining the feathers and getting the marsh to be secondary and supportive. What steps did you take to add a little more punch to the bird, did you also add slight viginette? Spill the beans! Rainy, wet, miserable here - we got a little snow, but the rain is disolving it. Slush and mud puddles...

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:32 pm

I'm embarrassed at it's simplicity......just a brightness adjustment layer painted on the head and neck, I loved the subtle style you brought out in the detailing of the feathers but thought just a touch too much shadow for head an neck...well done Piet..I must admit to trying to tame the marsh a bit more or making the bird stand out, but in the end think you made a good choice in balancing the two so left it alone......

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1601
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:02 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:32 pm
I'm embarrassed at it's simplicity......just a brightness adjustment layer painted on the head and neck, I loved the subtle style you brought out in the detailing of the feathers but thought just a touch too much shadow for head an neck...well done Piet..I must admit to trying to tame the marsh a bit more or making the bird stand out, but in the end think you made a good choice in balancing the two so left it alone......
hey thanks. I NOW see your change and can not UNSEE it. Perhaps a small easy change, but I think it has a big impact, it helps the bird A LOT. Good change.

Here is where we started from!!!
maO.jpg

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:09 pm

I would never have guessed...I thought you were in a Marsh Angle blind and had laid out a couple of minnows for bait

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4376
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:32 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:46 am
holy cow! Thank you Frank and Minnie, your words are uplifting. Today was rough for me, just didn't feel like making use of free time to study. At least I had the energy to practice basic photo editing!

Here is the Marsh Angel - Angel of death for fish and amphibians I am sure - though he looks a little skinny,,


marshAngel.jpg..
I love the marsh angel too. This is my kind of bird, of course, the elegant white egret, and against a much lovelier backdrop than the ones I know so well. Very beautiful. Frank's delicate edit is a nice addition. Wonderful.

Sometimes we burn out on the study thing and have to DO stuff for a while to refuel. When I got back into the studying last week, I over did it, and now I'm dreaming of color palettes and shapes and shading, and not in a good way. I need to ration things out better.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests