Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

Animals ShowcaseMeet Zeke

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Meet Zeke

Post by minniev » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:37 pm

Just a showcase snap to introduce ya'll to a new subject of mine. Some of you remember that our old dog Toby crossed the rainbow bridge a few years ago and my husband had said he would never have another dog. Yesterday he saw a facebook post about this dog who was near the end of his permitted stay in the animal shelter, and when I got home from a board meeting there was a new family member here. He is suspected to be between 18 and 24 months old, and a Wiemeraner/Chocolate Lab mix. So I made them both go to the swamp with me this morning. Zeke isn't civilized enough to go with me and allow me to take pictures, and for now will need an attendant on photo excursions, but hopefully that will improve. He seems to have a pleasant disposition so far.
Attachments
zeke (1 of 1)-2.jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:58 pm

Minnie, this is Wonderful -- Zeke reminds me of Emmy who we lost a few years back. I am SO HAPPY - Zeke will have a wonderful life and you guys will have a wonderful friendship with him. Just spend a lot of time with him, he'll settle down.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:54 pm

Hard to tell who's more reluctant to be there in that slop......nicely done

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:59 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:58 pm
Minnie, this is Wonderful -- Zeke reminds me of Emmy who we lost a few years back. I am SO HAPPY - Zeke will have a wonderful life and you guys will have a wonderful friendship with him. Just spend a lot of time with him, he'll settle down.
I am hoping he has more of the lab disposition. Wiemies are crazy things!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:01 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:54 pm
Hard to tell who's more reluctant to be there in that slop......nicely done
He is terrified of the leash, for whatever reason.Maybe someone tied him up and left him alone for long periods, not sure. But he is a better car rider than Toby was. Toby rode for 13 years and never got used to it. He always tried to drive. It's a wonder we survived. It will take time for Zeke to trust us. Right now he is content to follow me around and put his chin on my knee.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:10 pm

I was joking about the expressions on Zeke and your husband faces.....yes lets hope more lab than wiemer

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:24 pm

minniev wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:59 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:58 pm
I am hoping he has more of the lab disposition. Wiemies are crazy things!
LOL - that is too funny, I am not familiar with Wiemies - but am very familiar with labs. I would say - Labs are crazy things!!!! And they love food - so don't let him get too fat, and food is likely your best training tool, besides the natural affection and desire to please you that he will have. Treats in your pocket will be very handy. He will understand the English language much better than you might expect, so once in a while you will find yourself spelling things just to keep them secret.

Talk to him, touch him, be his pal - he won't let you down.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:17 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:10 pm
I was joking about the expressions on Zeke and your husband faces.....yes lets hope more lab than wiemer
They are still working out what to do with each other.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:20 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:24 pm
LOL - that is too funny, I am not familiar with Wiemies - but am very familiar with labs. I would say - Labs are crazy things!!!! And they love food - so don't let him get too fat, and food is likely your best training tool, besides the natural affection and desire to please you that he will have. Treats in your pocket will be very handy. He will understand the English language much better than you might expect, so once in a while you will find yourself spelling things just to keep them secret.

Talk to him, touch him, be his pal - he won't let you down.
I've had a lab before too, and I promise, Weimies are way crazier. Yes, Zeke adores food, any kind of food, and he is very skinny but won't remain that way long I am sure.

He's spent the afternoon in a staring contest with Herself, who has taunted him but when he comes near she greets him with a flurry of cat curses: hisses, spits, growls, snarls. She hasn't slapped him yet but I figure she will. She is the mistress of the house, and the rest of us are servants so he will have to accept that.