Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

Animals ShowcaseSome pics from the new guy

rcf2
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Some pics from the new guy

Post by rcf2 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:18 pm

Good day all

I recently joined the forum and have decide to share a few pics of the types of photography I do most. Animals. My hope has been to find a forum where I can be comfortable posting pics and be able to share ideas, help and learn from others.

These are a few basically unedited shots I had access to on my phone. Maybe some slight levels or cropping but not much else done. Be nice I am not claiming these are m best, I just felt like sharing and trying to fit in with the group.

Have a great day

Rich
Attachments
P7040037.jpg
P5280116-2.jpg
IMG_4482-100-Edit-103.jpg
9O1A2391 (1).jpg
9O1A1925.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:53 am

I find them all nicely done....I especially like horse with hay..

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:16 am

rcf2 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:18 pm
Good day all

I recently joined the forum and have decide to share a few pics of the types of photography I do most. Animals. My hope has been to find a forum where I can be comfortable posting pics and be able to share ideas, help and learn from others.

These are a few basically unedited shots I had access to on my phone. Maybe some slight levels or cropping but not much else done. Be nice I am not claiming these are m best, I just felt like sharing and trying to fit in with the group.

Have a great day

Rich
Nice introductory offering. `They all grab my interest because they are from creative and some unexpected angles. I like the horse shots. The first one draws a smile. The horse portrait is quite good, especially to have been taken in such harsh light. The dogs are expressive and lively.

As you post, the more you tell us about what you want to know,the better we’ll be able to give you feedback. If you have a concern about a particular image, whether it’s related to composition, exposure, editing, or whatever, let us know so we’ll be sure to address that.

And don’t worry about what kind of camera you use, the best camera is the one you have with you.

Welcome!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:11 am

Rich, I'm glad to see you're posting. Good on you for jumping in. These look pretty darn good for phone shots. Looking forward to seeing more from you.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

rcf2
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus

Post by rcf2 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:31 pm

Thanks everyone. I don't want to mislead, these shots were not from my phone but rather images I transferred to my phone one way or another.

I am not very proficient with photoshop so most of my images only get some cropping or level adjustments. The first 2 images were from a riding party my wife held at her barn for memorial day, so just some fun shots for the girls. The scottie dog was shot intentionally blowing out the back ground to be a sympathy card for my wife's friend (the breeder of our scottie in the picture) who had just lost her scottie . The Friesian is my wife's dream horse which she finally got a few years ago. The lighting was harsh but the posing is correct for a horse portrait except it is the wrong side. You want the neck not the mane usually. The last shot was just testing a lens on another of my dogs while she was focused on a bird that landed on the deck railing. Just a snapshot.

I apologize if these were posted incorrectly, I only wanted to open up about what types of photography I do most so when I start asking stupid questions about things like people and posing you'll know it is an area I'm not that familiar with. Anyway, thanks for the comments and I look forward to being part of the community.

Rich

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:38 pm

rcf2 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:31 pm
Thanks everyone. I don't want to mislead, these shots were not from my phone but rather images I transferred to my phone one way or another.

Good to know. I did get the impression they were taken on your phone so thanks for the clarification.
rcf2 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:31 pm
[...]

I apologize if these were posted incorrectly, I only wanted to open up about what types of photography I do most so when I start asking stupid questions about things like people and posing you'll know it is an area I'm not that familiar with. Anyway, thanks for the comments and I look forward to being part of the community.

No apologies needed. As for stupid questions... there are none. Well, maybe the ones you didn't ask but should have.
Different people at different levels learn in different ways. What works for one may not work for another. That's why this forum is great because you get to see how different photographers approach similar subjects and you get to learn a little from all of that.
I know you're a bit of a ride from me in Shelton, but I hold Lightroom and Photoshop classes monthly. First and third Thursday respectively, at 6pm. It's on my Meetup page.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.