Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Places ShowcasePort Clyde Lighthouse

Location images not considered 'scapes; landmarks, towns and cities, parks, vacation locations, your house
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Port Clyde Lighthouse

Post by minniev »

I am putting this in Showcase because I am all too well aware of its many flaws which is why I never did anything with it before. I set up entirely wrong for the panorama I was trying to do, and topped that fatal flaw by making only one pair of shots for that purpose. But, God wiling, I will have another chance on the way to Monhegan in October. At least I wanted those going and those just thinking about it, to see what the place has to offer, especially if you had enough sense to do it right!

I may try to make an artistic version that masks some of the troubles that are impossible to hide here.
Attachments
pc (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn »

Cool !!! A teaser for sure, but only temporary. A lovely image that I would not attempt to pick apart. I'm thinking about doing a recreation of an older Forest Gump. I'll have Sharon take some shots of me with a red hat and red jacket running towards and from the lighthouse. Just a thought, LOL !!!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

davechinn wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:53 pm
Cool !!! A teaser for sure, but only temporary. A lovely image that I would not attempt to pick apart. I'm thinking about doing a recreation of an older Forest Gump. I'll have Sharon take some shots of me with a red hat and red jacket running towards and from the lighthouse. Just a thought, LOL !!!
Great idea! Bring your props and we'll all take shots!

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Good thing you know where the problems are cause it looks fine to me..well presented and composed I think

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:23 am
Good thing you know where the problems are cause it looks fine to me..well presented and composed I think
Don't look at it close! There's seams all over from where I had to cobble together the mismatched segments, crazy noise, and mottled colors. Your eagle eyes would find it. Glad you like it! I ended up salvaging the way I meant to compose it, but I don't know what I might have been thinking when I lined the thing up.