Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

― Scapes CritiqueOne Mitten

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

One Mitten

Post by minniev » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:11 pm

Another in my handful of years-old photos that I reprocessed with new versions of ACR, LR, Photoshop and new software I've acquired since then. It does make a difference. This shot in Monument Valley was in very harsh light. I got a bit more out of it this time.
Attachments
mittens (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:07 am

Very well composed image...seems pushed a bit toward the warm side, but maybe that was your intent from your mention of harsh light

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:52 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:07 am
Very well composed image...seems pushed a bit toward the warm side, but maybe that was your intent from your mention of harsh light
thanks Frank. Oddly, there is no deliberate adjustment to the color, Monument Valley has some intense colors, some places it is so orange it almost seems purple. The push was in light and detail, reducing contrast and raising blacks and shadows to get back some detail in the harsh shadows. I also pulled a Frank and flipped it. It seemed better that way somehow.

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:17 am

minniev wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:11 pm
Another in my handful of years-old photos that I reprocessed with new versions of ACR, LR, Photoshop and new software I've acquired since then. It does make a difference. This shot in Monument Valley was in very harsh light. I got a bit more out of it this time.

Monument Valley is almost an indescribable place and is a must to visit. It's a photographer's playground and a must to visit. We were there in 2015 and plan to return. Since we were pushed for time, harsh mid-day lighting was all I could capture. Sunrise/sunset & the blue hour would be an absolute dream to capture.

Minnie I can't say enough about your posted photo, it's a marvelous captured image.
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:54 am

davechinn wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:17 am
minniev wrote:

Monument Valley is almost an indescribable place and is a must to visit. It's a photographer's playground and a must to visit. We were there in 2015 and plan to return. Since we were pushed for time, harsh mid-day lighting was all I could capture. Sunrise/sunset & the blue hour would be an absolute dream to capture.

Minnie I can't say enough about your posted photo, it's a marvelous captured image.
Dave
Thanks Dave. I know what you mean about the harsh light. If I ever get back, I’d like to stay in the hotel on the premises, that’s the only way to get in there early enough. I took these about 8 am and light was already harsh though still warm.

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:58 pm

minniev wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:54 am
davechinn wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:17 am
minniev wrote:

Dave
Thanks Dave. I know what you mean about the harsh light. If I ever get back, I’d like to stay in the hotel on the premises, that’s the only way to get in there early enough. I took these about 8 am and light was already harsh though still warm.

I've want a return visit as well and wanted to stay close in the area for a couple of days. Maybe a group planned trip in another year or so? https://utah.com/monument-valley
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:50 pm

Yes, I’d love to see more of red rock country too.

And more of everything else, from Yosemite to Acadia. And all in between. So much beauty!