Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

― Scapes CritiqueBig Sur Lighthouse

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Big Sur Lighthouse

Post by minniev » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:53 pm

This is another I randomly pulled from the archives while doctoring on my external drives two weeks ago, refurbished to see what newer software could do for photos taken with an older camera and processed in older software.

I was able to recover some definition and color in the clouds that I wasn't able to get back then. i remember being disappointed that I couldn't "find" what I had seen with my eyes in the file at the time, and got a murkier, gray-er tone in the upper half than I have got here. I ported it through the latest version of LR for raw development and into Luminar for editing.

All feedback appreciated...
Attachments
bigsur (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:36 pm

minniev wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:53 pm
This is another I randomly pulled from the archives while doctoring on my external drives two weeks ago, refurbished to see what newer software could do for photos taken with an older camera and processed in older software.

I was able to recover some definition and color in the clouds that I wasn't able to get back then. i remember being disappointed that I couldn't "find" what I had seen with my eyes in the file at the time, and got a murkier, gray-er tone in the upper half than I have got here. I ported it through the latest version of LR for raw development and into Luminar for editing.

All feedback appreciated...

A well taken, processed image Minnie !!! Your image is far better than the ones on Google. A lovely scene and should be on hotel walls in that area.

Big Sur Lighthouse/POINT SUR LIGHTHOUSE is on the Top 10 Haunted Lighthouse list in the United States. https://www.coastalliving.com/travel/to ... ighthouses Owls Head Lighthouse located in Owls Head Light State Park, Owls Head, ME 04854 is on that list as well. One I would consider visiting while in Maine.
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Psjunkie » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:37 pm

Just gorgeous minniev, very realistic as far as I'm concerned...great job.