Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

― Scapes CritiqueYellow Swampscape

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Yellow Swampscape

Post by minniev » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:14 am

Yesterday was a very yellow morning, so I went to the swamp to see how it looked in that light. There was a little haze that sort of fuzzied everything up, but when I shot to correct for it, the pictures got too dull to be interesting since none of the trees have turned except the tupelos and sweetgums. So I just let it kinda blow out where it wanted.
Attachments
gold swamp (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Karen
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Post by Karen » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:12 pm

“Let it blow out where it wanted.” Heck yeah, Minnie!! This moment in time and space is gorgeous. There are times when I nip and tuck and smooth and hide parts of nature, but all that “perfecting” usually sucks the life right out of the image. I think your image of full of awe and wonder!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:13 am

Karen wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:12 pm
“Let it blow out where it wanted.” Heck yeah, Minnie!! This moment in time and space is gorgeous. There are times when I nip and tuck and smooth and hide parts of nature, but all that “perfecting” usually sucks the life right out of the image. I think your image of full of awe and wonder!
Thank you so much. I’m glad you like it, Karen, and glad to see you back. The swamp isn’t exactly a pretty place but when it has unusual light, it can be interesting. The trick is how to get and display images of light, which is always a challenge. In this case it made that small cypress look kinda like a backlit cholla cactus.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:02 am

Nothing blown in this image minniev...so I blew it out some more....good one min..Is that the little tree a couple years older??
Attachments
gold swamp (1 of 1)_psjunkie.jpg

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:18 pm

minniev wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:14 am
Yesterday was a very yellow morning, so I went to the swamp to see how it looked in that light. There was a little haze that sort of fuzzied everything up, but when I shot to correct for it, the pictures got too dull to be interesting since none of the trees have turned except the tupelos and sweetgums. So I just let it kinda blow out where it wanted.
Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and not fight it. When the scene gives you lemons, make lemonade, which it seems you have done here Minnie. :win:
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:02 am
Nothing blown in this image minniev...so I blew it out some more....good one min..Is that the little tree a couple years older??
Ha! Increased that drama did you? Nice.

Yes, that is Swamp Child, now a thriving adolescent. I think he may make it. Most cypresses don't survive in the center of the swamp, for some reason. The cypresses do better along the edges have better survival rates.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:30 pm

davechinn wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:18 pm
minniev wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:14 am
Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and not fight it. When the scene gives you lemons, make lemonade, which it seems you have done here Minnie. :win:
Thank you Dave!

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Thought I recognized "swamp child" but didn't remember the name....