"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

People CritiqueNot such a happy meal?

Images containing people; portraits, family, lifestyle, street, photojournalism, sports, weddings
Graham Smith
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Not such a happy meal?

Postby Graham Smith » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:48 pm

I did wait for someone to pass by as I thinks it creates a sense of movement and immediacy.

Graham
Graham

Mike D
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Postby Mike D » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:20 pm

LindaShorey wrote:Matt makes an interesting point about interpreting faces at rest. I've had people say to me on occasion, "Why so sad?" Huh? I'm just in neutral - lol. A study of other body language cues, not just facial, from various cultures would be fascinating; seems I recall there is at least one country (Italy?) where standing very up close and personal is considered to be normal :)

Maybe that IS her happy face. The image says everything and nothing, it depends on what you read into it but I believe it does one thing for everybody, it evokes a response. Isn't that what we are supposed to strive for?

I have to second Linda's neutral face theory though because I don't have a naturally "smiley face" either. One of the reasons why I prefer to be behind the camera.

In any case, well done Graham!

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby St3v3M » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:17 am

I love everything about this image, the composition, the processing, but especially the underlying story. It fascinated me enough though that I wondered what it would look like without the woman on the right so I copied the image, cropped her out and found a completely different story. They both have the strength to stand on their own and are beautiful on their own so now I'm unsure which I like best. It's amazing how you see the world, please keep them coming! S-
- I delete the image like I do with all the ones I work with here of course
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Return to “People Critique”