"Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul." —Thomas Merton

― Scapes CritiqueStopping on my way home this morning from shopping

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Stopping on my way home this morning from shopping

Post by Matt Quinn » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:00 am

Glad I had my camera. The clouds were moving very fast. A few seconds before I had parked and got out my camera, the distant hills on the right in the bottom photo were aflame; that was what caught my eye. Then the curtain dropped fast. This was good enough. C&C welcome. Matt
Marriottsville Rd Pasture (1 of 3).jpg
Marriottsville Rd Pasture (2 of 3).jpg
Marriottsville Rd Pasture (3 of 3).jpg
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:26 am

Matt Quinn wrote:Glad I had my camera. The clouds were moving very fast. A few seconds before I had parked and got out my camera, the distant hills on the right in the bottom photo were aflame; that was what caught my eye. Then the curtain dropped fast. This was good enough. C&C welcome.

I can see why you stopped to take these, there are so many stories here! I might work the clouds more but it's subjective. So beautiful! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:46 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:Glad I had my camera. The clouds were moving very fast. A few seconds before I had parked and got out my camera, the distant hills on the right in the bottom photo were aflame; that was what caught my eye. Then the curtain dropped fast. This was good enough. C&C welcome. MattMarriottsville Rd Pasture (1 of 3).jpgMarriottsville Rd Pasture (2 of 3).jpgMarriottsville Rd Pasture (3 of 3).jpg

Nice subtle tree images, and yeah, I know what you mean about that quick-changing light. Did you get any with the flaming hills in color? I love your black and whites and can see that lighting effect in them (particularly #3), but am always drawn to that dramatic chiaroscuro effect in color.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Matt Quinn » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:58 pm

minniev wrote:
Matt Quinn wrote:Glad I had my camera. The clouds were moving very fast. A few seconds before I had parked and got out my camera, the distant hills on the right in the bottom photo were aflame; that was what caught my eye. Then the curtain dropped fast. This was good enough. C&C welcome. MattMarriottsville Rd Pasture (1 of 3).jpgMarriottsville Rd Pasture (2 of 3).jpgMarriottsville Rd Pasture (3 of 3).jpg

Nice subtle tree images, and yeah, I know what you mean about that quick-changing light. Did you get any with the flaming hills in color? I love your black and whites and can see that lighting effect in them (particularly #3), but am always drawn to that dramatic chiaroscuro effect in color.

Steve, Minnie,
Apologies: been "holiday busy" with folks and stuff. Getting back to pM today.

Thanks for the comments. I didn't want to overwork the clouds Steve, but will go back, out of curiousity, to play. No, Minnie, no color. Only had my Leica M. And the sun had gone from the trees on the hilltop on the bottom right; they were in shadow when I took the photo. I couldn't stop traffic to get across the road; somehow, folks just don't understand photographers' needs and wants. We suffer. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:Steve, Minnie,
Apologies: been "holiday busy" with folks and stuff. Getting back to pM today.

It's a busy time for all of us so take your time and enjoy the holiday season! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"