Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Scapes Showcasethe sky is ink

Landscapes, cityscapes, skyscapes, seascapes, starscapes, panoramas
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: the sky is ink

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:38 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:17 am

the bird is the Northern SkullCap - when they get stuck they scream even louder than the Australian OhNo bird!

About dexterity, Me neither - but I'm getting closer and getting better at refining and seeing things wrong... But with layers and photoshop etc, dexterity is no longer a requirement!
“Northern Skullcap” :D

I do think there is a part of dexterity that PS won’t cure. I can see the things that are wrong but have trouble fixing them. I have the same trouble making composites. I paint myself into a corner almost every time. The corner is almost always in the same place, the inner edge of the middle right third. It is probably the same reason I cannot do other tasks that call for fine motor dexterity and nuances of perception. I am trying to learn some compensations for it, but it’s been a lifelong thing. I am un-graceful in many ways. I admire what you’re learning, and it gives me encouragement to keep up the effort.
your tinten composition would put the lie to that -- but your story goes far to say how skill overcomes talent. How hard work overcomes "its's easy". Talented people are lazy - it comes easy. The rewards are in the struggle. With PS, at least there is nothing that can't be undone/redone - the canvas is not ruined.

"I can see the things that are wrong but have trouble fixing them" - what a beautiful statement! Imagine trying to fix something if you can't even see what is wrong. It is all about seeing, and then being determined to fix - working hard to fix. Yes - we always have trouble fixing them.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:05 pm

your tinten composition would put the lie to that -- but your story goes far to say how skill overcomes talent. How hard work overcomes "its's easy". Talented people are lazy - it comes easy. The rewards are in the struggle. With PS, at least there is nothing that can't be undone/redone - the canvas is not ruined.

"I can see the things that are wrong but have trouble fixing them" - what a beautiful statement! Imagine trying to fix something if you can't even see what is wrong. It is all about seeing, and then being determined to fix - working hard to fix. Yes - we always have trouble fixing them.
That is an interesting concept, that talent might become equivalent to laziness. Never thought of that. Untalented people get lazy too though. I sometimes grow tired of the fight and have to take time away, but eventually I get that itch again, to make something interesting, and one thing leads to another...
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:25 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:05 pm

That is an interesting concept, that talent might become equivalent to laziness. Never thought of that. Untalented people get lazy too though. I sometimes grow tired of the fight and have to take time away, but eventually I get that itch again, to make something interesting, and one thing leads to another...
I think in Amerca, the most desirable attirbute we wish for our children is that they have "talent", or perhaps that they have "inteligence". I think in Japan on the other hand, they value perservarance. I think they have something there. I wish my perservarance was greater.

I think your approach is smart - find something about it that interests you and leverage it.

But in the end, a good idea that wasn't worked on... well, it might as well not even have existed. I think good ideas are a dime a dozen. Working on them is where the action is!

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn »

I'm one that can't draw stick people, but may look into Udemy drawing course. Thanks for mentioning it.!!!

The sky is ink is a colorful scene and I can't help but think of the Moody Blues song, "Nights in White Satin" when viewing.

St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3Murray »

PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:05 am
the air cold and clear
and the sky is ink tonight,
spilling blue and blood

InkSky.jpg
"spilling blue and blood" what more is there to say except this is an exceptional thread. I hope everyone reads it! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"