Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:04 pm

Shine Gonzalvez wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:21 pm
Voyeurism of a different kind.......
First let me say welcome back! I can see that you were a regular participant during the first incarnation of pM, and all of us here now (some old, some new) would be so happy to have you back in the village.

That is a wonderfully imaginative portrait. I'm not sure what all you've done here but it works. Your use of texture is what makes this so creepily engaging for me (and the color work). I am trying to teach myself use of texture and sometimes I think I'm learning something and sometimes I think I'm losing more than I'm gaining with it. I'd sure love to see more of your work.

Look around and make yourself at home once again. Duck has gifted us with a nice sleek new interface that makes navigation easier, and though our citizenry is not large, it is smart and collegial, and those are good things.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:15 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:04 pm
Shine Gonzalvez wrote:
First let me say welcome back! I can see that you were a regular participant during the first incarnation of pM, and all of us here now (some old, some new) would be so happy to have you back in the village.

That is a wonderfully imaginative portrait. I'm not sure what all you've done here but it works. Your use of texture is what makes this so creepily engaging for me (and the color work). I am trying to teach myself use of texture and sometimes I think I'm learning something and sometimes I think I'm losing more than I'm gaining with it. I'd sure love to see more of your work.

Look around and make yourself at home once again. Duck has gifted us with a nice sleek new interface that makes navigation easier, and though our citizenry is not large, it is smart and collegial, and those are good things.
Cool. Seems to follow Steve's rule of un-thirds. Well done. Matt, one of the new villagers.
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:41 am

Shine Gonzalvez wrote:
Oh, I see how it is, you pop back in and Wham, you hit us with something beautiful! I love it!

Can you tell us a bit more about this image, visualization, processing, whatever you like?

Welcome Home! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:25 am

Hi Shine,

It has awesome punch you in the face impact. BUT, having said so, for some reason I want the reflection of the Wiz-ard covered in cobwebs, dim, sneaking up on you, the LAST thing you see - as dark, gloomy, dirty, no - more so as the scene you put him in. As you have it, it is like shiny dancing shoes in a dark alley. Lots of contrast impact doing it that way, I just feel it is not necessary. The man is too bright and contemplatively cheerful for the place in which he does his business. Go completely dismal spooky horror.

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:57 pm

Shine Gonzalvez wrote:

Good to see you once again Shine !!!

While this is an excellent image for venturing away from your norm, I find it to be appealing and powerful with a strong message. Looking forward to seeing more from you and hope all is well.
Dave

Shine Gonzalvez
Mentoris Dux
Mentoris Dux

Post by Shine Gonzalvez » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:08 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:41 am
Shine Gonzalvez wrote:
Oh, I see how it is, you pop back in and Wham, you hit us with something beautiful! I love it!

Can you tell us a bit more about this image, visualization, processing, whatever you like?

Welcome Home! S-
I can tell you I needed to get my pics quick and get out the place asap...... bit unwise on my part ....whoops

Shine Gonzalvez
Mentoris Dux
Mentoris Dux

Post by Shine Gonzalvez » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:12 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:15 pm
minniev wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:04 pm
Shine Gonzalvez wrote:

Cool. Seems to follow Steve's rule of un-thirds. Well done. Matt, one of the new villagers.
Matt....... are you taking your own catalogue of textures?....that is photooing your own textures?.... its great fun to see how they come out using blending modes in photoshop......Have you tried??????

Shine Gonzalvez
Mentoris Dux
Mentoris Dux

Post by Shine Gonzalvez » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:13 pm

davechinn wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:57 pm
Shine Gonzalvez wrote:

Good to see you once again Shine !!!

While this is an excellent image for venturing away from your norm, I find it to be appealing and powerful with a strong message. Looking forward to seeing more from you and hope all is well.
Dave
thanks dave.....

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Matt Quinn » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:01 pm

No, Shine, I have not. I am too lazy to learn PS, although I have resolved several times to do so. With enough people urging me, though, who knows? Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange