Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

People Critique'Lt. Herb Heilbrun' A B-17 bomber pilot

Images containing people; portraits, family, lifestyle, street, photojournalism, sports, weddings
davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

'Lt. Herb Heilbrun' A B-17 bomber pilot

Post by davechinn »

This past week-end I took the opportunity, again, to attend Lunken Airport Days 2019 (not to be confused with 1940's days). Last year's attendance, I met Herb and purchased his book. I also printed out an 8x10 picture of him that I took last year. Made into a composite using the American flag as a background. His son was very grateful and appreciated the photo very much. Since then I have made another composite using a B-17 bomber as a background and a black and white portrait of Herb, who will be 99 years young on October 11th. I sent the digital images to Herb's son. Here are my results, I hope they are acceptable with most welcomed comments. A link for anyone wanting to know more about Herb and his unique story. https://www.airspacemag.com/history-of- ... n-2418660/
Dave
Attachments
'Lt. Herb Heilbrun' (Composite 2018)
'Lt. Herb Heilbrun' (Composite 2018)
Herb with a B-17 bomber background (Composite 2019)
Herb with a B-17 bomber background (Composite 2019)
'Lt. Herb Heilbrun' 2019
'Lt. Herb Heilbrun' 2019

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev »

davechinn wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:33 pm
This past week-end I took the opportunity, again, to attend Lunken Airport Days 2019 (not to be confused with 1940's days). Last year's attendance, I met Herb and purchased his book. I also printed out an 8x10 picture of him that I took last year. Made into a composite using the American flag as a background. His son was very grateful and appreciated the photo very much. Since then I have made another composite using a B-17 bomber as a background and a black and white portrait of Herb, who will be 99 years young on October 11th. I sent the digital images to Herb's son. Here are my results, I hope they are acceptable with most welcomed comments. A link for anyone wanting to know more about Herb and his unique story. https://www.airspacemag.com/history-of- ... n-2418660/
Dave
These are great, and made greater by having such a terrific subject to work with. The composites are wonderful, and the final shot is just an excellent portrait with so much feeling in it, just what a portrait is supposed to be. You were able to go a bit dark and still keep the twinkle in his eye. Great work.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Psjunkie »

Nicely done Dave..sometimes your blurriness goes a bit overboard for my taste but seems to be in check on this one..I'm sure they will love the images..very kind of you

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

minniev wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:52 pm
davechinn wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:33 pm
Dave
These are great, and made greater by having such a terrific subject to work with. The composites are wonderful, and the final shot is just an excellent portrait with so much feeling in it, just what a portrait is supposed to be. You were able to go a bit dark and still keep the twinkle in his eye. Great work.

Thanks Minnie !!! I haven't done any of this type in awhile. I thought I would keep myself in check with a couple. Appreciate the comments.
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:56 pm
Nicely done Dave..sometimes your blurriness goes a bit overboard for my taste but seems to be in check on this one..I'm sure they will love the images..very kind of you

Thanks Frank !!! Yea, I agree with you on the blurriness. I have tried to back off that area of processing and be more subtle, but without notice to me I keep pouring it on.
Dave