Workshops and SeminarsNYC MEETUP - Staten Island Manhattan Day Trip

The place for approved active professional members who are educators to post and advertise their workshops in the Western United States

Please include location and date in all post titles
Note: Some Posts May Include Nudity
Forum rules
To post your event, product or service on this board you must be a member of the "Working Professionals Group". Regular members can respond to any posting here.

This forum is not intended for general discussion but simply for the announcement and advertising of events. Some posted events may have an attendance fee. Contact the posting member for additional information.
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

NYC MEETUP - Staten Island Manhattan Day Trip

Postby Duck » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:29 pm

This is a meetup with My Photo Group. If you are planning on joining us send me (Duck) a private message to let me know your intentions.

Last year's event, Walk the Bridges of New York, was super fun and a great success. We had a fantastic turnout and my legs are still feeling the effect of that full day of walking. Well, I'm ready to head back to New York and hope you are too.

(MPG members from last year's trip to NY)

This time around we will be focusing less on cityscapes and more on the human condition... eh, who am I kidding? Can't go to New York without capturing the city.

The plan is to shoot at a couple locations in Manhattan then head down to the Staten Island Ferry and take a ride across to the wonderful Staten Island, passing in front of the Statue of Liberty. We'll hang out at nearby St. George Park and the September 11 Memorial in order to get images of Manhattan and the statue of liberty. Long lenses will work wonders here.

(View of Manhattan Bridges from Brooklyn)

After spending some time on Staten Island we will head back to Manhattan on the ferry. We'll take a walk into Battery Park where we can decide by general consensus what else to do.

An itinerary is available. It will be sent to you on request.

This will be part workshop, part exploration. Members can come and go as they (and legs) desire. We'll be doing some street photography, looking for that compelling visual story, and some urban exploration of local architecture and city skylines. Last year a group of us stuck around until after sunset to capture some of the city's night scenes. That said, if anyone is in need of help with settings or questions, I will be available. If you are an advanced member I encourage you to help those who need help.

RESOURCES: Here are additional links of interest;

Official Staten Island Ferry Site

Staten Island Ferry - A Free NY Harbor View

Lower Manhattan Tour

WARNING: This is a vigorous excursion with a lot of walking. Make sure you are healthy enough to undertake this trip.

WHAT TO BRING: Bring your camera with fresh batteries and memory cards. While not encouraged, you can bring a tripod or monopod, but it's bulky and is added weight. You will need comfortable walking shoes and weather appropriate clothing. A good sun hat is also useful. A water bottle is a must, either bring it with you or buy one along the way. We will stop for food somewhere along the way so bring spending cash.

Please take a few minutes and read our Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability. This statement acts as notification and it will be assumed that your participation in this event constitutes agreement with the terms in that document.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: NYC MEETUP - Staten Island Manhattan Day Trip

Postby TomCofer » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:41 pm

Wish I could Duck, wish I could.
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

Ceropegia
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Re: NYC MEETUP - Staten Island Manhattan Day Trip

Postby Ceropegia » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:46 pm

TomCofer wrote:Wish I could Duck, wish I could.

Me, too!!
Martha
In the Appalachian foothills of Northeast Alabama

http://www.ipernity.com/home/picture_taker

Return to “Workshops and Seminars - United States”