Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Things ShowcaseFlavor at every level

Images of inanimate objects; furniture, food & beverage, appliances, gadgets, electronics, apparel, jewelry
St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Flavor at every level

Post by St3v3Murray »

So...when do we get to see the Exploded Clutch? S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck »

St3v3M wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:50 pm
So...when do we get to see the Exploded Clutch? S-
Hey, leave my purse out of this! :x
Oh, you mean my clutch on my jeep :doh: The clutch that... um... went on my, ah...
That would be a challenge and, yes, I can do it. I just don't have the funds to attempt it.

So, if I read between the lines here, are you saying I should up the stakes on the next one?

Hmm... You got me thinking here. I'll have to see what I could use that would be both impressive and challenging without too deep an investment. Since if I buy something it will likely be something I won't be able to return. :D
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Facebook : Unitas Photography
Instagram : @unitasphotography
Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3Murray »

Duck wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:04 pm
Hey, leave my purse out of this! :x
Oh, you mean my clutch on my jeep :doh: The clutch that... um... went on my, ah...
That would be a challenge and, yes, I can do it. I just don't have the funds to attempt it.

So, if I read between the lines here, are you saying I should up the stakes on the next one?

Hmm... You got me thinking here. I'll have to see what should be both impressive and challenging without too deep an investment. Since if I buy something it will likely be something I won't be able to return. :D
The Old Girl's transmission went out recently and while I would have loved to have replaced it myself I didn't have the tools so I'm still paying for that one, but it got me thinking about how much fun it would be to photograph those exploded diagrams I used to see.

I wonder if the mechanics have an old one laying around you could play with? They might even like it for the office! S-

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck »

St3v3M wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:07 pm
The Old Girl's transmission went out recently and while I would have loved to have replaced it myself I didn't have the tools so I'm still paying for that one, but it got me thinking about how much fun it would be to photograph those exploded diagrams I used to see.

I wonder if the mechanics have an old one laying around you could play with? They might even like it for the office! S-
Your transmission went too? I feel your pain. Mine went in October and then the slave cylinder went a week ago. I guess it's not bad for an off road vehicle that just hit its 11th birthday.

If I could get a clean trany I would love to tackle it. A used dirty one... Maybe not so much. (N)
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3Murray »

Duck wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:12 pm
Your transmission went too? I feel your pain. Mine went in October and then the slave cylinder went a week ago. I guess it's not bad for an of road vehicle that just hit its 11th birthday.

If I could get a clean trany I would love to tackle it. A used dirty one... Maybe not so much. (N)
My 95' hit 240,000 miles and decided it was time. I wish she would have asked me first, but you know women and shopping...

And I was thinking a clutch, the plates would be a lot more fun! S-

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck »

St3v3M wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:14 pm
My 95' hit 240,000 miles and decided it was time. I wish she would have asked me first, but you know women and shopping...

And I was thinking a clutch, the plates would be a lot more fun! S-
Definitely would be fun. I'll have to see what I can find with that kind of challenge.

Stay tuned... :dance:

St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3Murray »

Duck wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:19 pm
Definitely would be fun. I'll have to see what I can find with that kind of challenge.

Stay tuned... :dance:
Could probably lean them upright with a hidden balance point behind them. Now I'm curious! S-

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck »

Well, not as complex as attempting an exploded view of a clutch but one of my wife's friends challenged me to do a hotdog. Why? I don't know but I think in her mind she thought that would be tough. Anyhow, I took her up on the challenge and here it is... a hotdog.

Hotdog expanded view.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Might have more impact with the BBQ pit, picnic basket, or whatever in the background Duck...still interesting as is

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

Duck wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:28 pm
Well, not as complex as attempting an exploded view of a clutch but one of my wife's friends challenged me to do a hotdog. Why? I don't know but I think in her mind she thought that would be tough. Anyhow, I took her up on the challenge and here it is... a hotdog.

Hotdog expanded view.jpg
So very cool - or add exploded parts of a mouth (tongue, dentures, etc) ready to consume the hot dog!