Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Transportation Showcase1926 Model T Buckster

Vehicles of any type; cars, trucks, planes, trains, boat, spaceships, bikes and other conveyances
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

1926 Model T Buckster

Post by Duck »

I have an affinity for wood paneled cars of yesteryear. This one was a fine example of quality craftsmanship.

1926 Model T Buckster
1926 Model T Buckster
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Facebook : Unitas Photography
Instagram : @unitasphotography
Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

Wind
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus

Post by Wind »

Nicely done Duck. The image portrays the age of the vehicle well. What a job it must be to maintain these old Beauties.

Bob's Photography
Mentoris Inceptor
Mentoris Inceptor
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Bob's Photography »

Nice Duck. I could just see me buying some garlic and hot peppers off that tailgate. :)

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by TomCofer »

Nice shot Duck. I think I've only seen one of the wood panel ones at the car shows around here over the years.
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck »

Wind wrote:Nicely done Duck. The image portrays the age of the vehicle well. What a job it must be to maintain these old Beauties.

These are definitely a labor of love. My ex son-in-law and his family are big into Model T's and the work and expense that goes into them is incredible. Considering that parts are no longer available except for a few who custom make them. And that gets expensive.

Bob's Photography wrote:Nice Duck. I could just see me buying some garlic and hot peppers off that tailgate. :)

You can try, but they were all fake. :D
But I get your meaning. I'm an immigrant from Nicaragua and I remember vendors coming door to door selling produce from baskets and carts. This one probably saw similar service back in its day. Too bad personal service like that is a thing of the past.

TomCofer wrote:Nice shot Duck. I think I've only seen one of the wood panel ones at the car shows around here over the years.

Unfortunately woodies are very rare due to the inherent issues of rot, fire and everything else that affects wood. This was a full restoration (according to the owner) based on original, but slightly modified, plans. I believe the current owner bought it restored.
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

Bob's Photography
Mentoris Inceptor
Mentoris Inceptor
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Bob's Photography »

Duck, I don't remember produce coming around, but I remember the knife sharpening guy. A real old truck, probably 1930s or 40s and he had a bell he would clang, something like the bell in a boxing ring.

Bob

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck »

Bob's Photography wrote:Duck, I don't remember produce coming around, but I remember the knife sharpening guy. A real old truck, probably 1930s or 40s and he had a bell he would clang, something like the bell in a boxing ring.

Bob

The door to door vendors were in Nicaragua. No such service here in the states.