Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Animals CritiqueExperimentations

Images containing animals of any type; mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, fish, insects
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Experimentations

Post by minniev »

davechinn wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:42 pm
A redo without the fence and frame. Blur is not so heavy, but I added another textured layer and cropped some, so its slightly different from the first?
Oh gee, I like this one a lot! The physical pose of the horse has so much more impact without the fence. With the fence there, it took more attention than it should've, I think in retrospect. This is great. Print it!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

yepper, I like this a lot better. Simple, clean - if you want to add another element or two fading into the distance you can. Like Frank said about the back, but I love your textures and mood and this is very nice in B/W as you have it. Has a very nice sketchy feel to it.

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn »

Psjunkie wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:11 pm
Really like this a whole lot better Dave, but you are right it is a different photo now..everything you've done here looks good..if I had a nitpik it would be wanting to see a bit more structure of the hind legs, maybe a bit of darkness or something to alleviate the prosthetic look.....

Frank the nitpik is spot on. I thought the same, but ignored my thoughts. Appreciate the feedback.
Dave

St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3Murray »

davechinn wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:24 pm
Thanks Frank !!! Absolutely .... a little on the strong side. Maybe I should have waited 24 hours to post. That way it would give me enough time to walk away, return for another view and possibly catch most of the missed flaws. I usually do wait but being out of sync is the only excuse I'm willing to admit ... for now !!! :oops:
Dave
I love that you posted it as-is, mid-treatment, so we could follow along and offer advice. I think we'd all be better for it if we did the same! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3Murray »

davechinn wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:42 pm
A redo without the fence and frame. Blur is not so heavy, but I added another textured layer and cropped some, so its slightly different from the first?
Wow, what a transformation, and I wonder if you would have continued on this path if you hadn't of posted it in Critique! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"