Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Animals Critique'Mother Goose'

Images containing animals of any type; mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, fish, insects
davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

'Mother Goose'

Post by davechinn »

This is another image taken at the Old Mill while in North Little Rock.

The squawking goose was waddling aggressively toward my wife until she backed away. That's when I lowered myself to capture the event. I wish I had gotten lower for the shot but now days have to be a little cautious of the getting back up process, so this is all I have for the goose that eventually wandered back to her nest?

A change in style of processing to see how it is received, so comments are welcomed with anything concerning this image. I couldn't decide on color or B&W, so here is both.
Dave
Attachments
Wandering Goose DEC_1600w.jpg
Wandering Goose DEC_1600 B&W w.jpg

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev »

It is mysterious, and wonderful. Mother Goose is out for an adventure, or a day at market, or just celebrating having chased Sharon from her pastoral scene. By far I like the black and white. It plays on the mystery and fantasy component. I love it.

I could also imagine this in pale bright pastels similar to children's nursery rhyme book illustrations from the early 1900s would be like.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

minniev makes interesting points...as you know I am a b/w fan most of the time..I prefer the color here as the b/w doesn't seem to hold the crispness and detail of the color...not sure about what processing changes have been attempted here, it has a Chinn feel to me.

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

minniev wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:37 pm
It is mysterious, and wonderful. Mother Goose is out for an adventure, or a day at market, or just celebrating having chased Sharon from her pastoral scene. By far I like the black and white. It plays on the mystery and fantasy component. I love it.

I could also imagine this in pale bright pastels similar to children's nursery rhyme book illustrations from the early 1900s would be like.

Thanks Minnie !!! Good idea with the bright pastels. May give it a try, but I'm sure your abilities would look ever so much better. I'm still torn between the two, color vs b&w. Of course for different reasons.
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

Psjunkie wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:49 pm
minniev makes interesting points...as you know I am a b/w fan most of the time..I prefer the color here as the b/w doesn't seem to hold the crispness and detail of the color...not sure about what processing changes have been attempted here, it has a Chinn feel to me.

Thanks Frank !!! I'm with you, I prefer B&W in most cases, but there are times, like this, that makes it so difficult to choose one over the other. I suppose it all depends on where the image will be used. I am surprised that you never mentioned a different crop, This was Sharon's suggestion concerning a crop but in color, of course.
Dave
Attachments
Wandering Goose DEC_1600p B&W w.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Sharon knows what she's talking about..

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

Psjunkie wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:15 am
Sharon knows what she's talking about..

:D :cheers: I'll have to agree ... or else ....