"You Are The Difference!"

Open ChallengesWhat Did You Shoot on World Photography Day TODAY AUG 19?

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

What Did You Shoot on World Photography Day TODAY AUG 19?

Post by minniev » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:32 pm

I have to confess I have not touched my camera today, have been busy with family doings the whole day. All I have to show for World Photography Day is a careless iphone shot as we left church this morning, with my husband and the 3 grandsons, each being his own self: Walker with the grown up confidence of the eldest brother who has successfully performed his first day as acolyte without setting the altar on fire, Jack the shy one trying to hide behind his grandfather and plead with his mother nonverbally to extricate him from an embarrassing situation, and Luke the wild baby scared of no man and full of drama and sass.

PLEASE POST WHAT YOU TOOK A PHOTO OF TODAY EVEN if you just take a snap of your spouse or your dog or your dinner.
Attachments
boys (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:59 pm

Great and your pros fits fabulously....such the story teller

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 am

your family is wonderful. Good for you Min!

I did shoot this yellow throated warbler, which is a new bird for us - I thought it was a goldfinch but wasn't sure so I ran and got the camera. It was dusk, so got a lot of noise instead of detail.
warbler.jpg

Note -- if I ever get the opportunity to meet your husband, I will gladly explain to him that he fits in somewhere between dinner and the dog - I will also tell him he is not alone in this. LOL

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:53 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 am
your family is wonderful. Good for you Min!

I did shoot this yellow throated warbler, which is a new bird for us - I thought it was a goldfinch but wasn't sure so I ran and got the camera. It was dusk, so got a lot of noise instead of detail.warbler.jpg

Note -- if I ever get the opportunity to meet your husband, I will gladly explain to him that he fits in somewhere between dinner and the dog - I will also tell him he is not alone in this. LOL
Thanks for playing Piet. I hope others will add to the thread something they shot yesterday. We all oughta try to shoot something, or work on something, every day, even if for just a moment. That's how we keep learning.

I love the gorgeous color of your bird. You have lots of feathered neighbors who make me jealous. You're doing better at documenting yours than I am.I just photograph their left-behind feathers...

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:53 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:59 pm
Great and your pros fits fabulously....such the story teller
Show us what you shot! Glad you enjoyed my silliness.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:54 pm

I didn't......

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:58 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:54 pm
I didn't......
You can make up for it today!

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:11 pm

Haha

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:28 pm

minniev wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:32 pm
I have to confess I have not touched my camera today, have been busy with family doings the whole day. All I have to show for World Photography Day is a careless iphone shot as we left church this morning, with my husband and the 3 grandsons, each being his own self: Walker with the grown up confidence of the eldest brother who has successfully performed his first day as acolyte without setting the altar on fire, Jack the shy one trying to hide behind his grandfather and plead with his mother nonverbally to extricate him from an embarrassing situation, and Luke the wild baby scared of no man and full of drama and sass.

PLEASE POST WHAT YOU TOOK A PHOTO OF TODAY EVEN if you just take a snap of your spouse or your dog or your dinner.

I'll have to say, from your description, I can almost figure out which boy is which. Very fine image Minnie !!!

I wasn't aware of World Photography Day. Altho, I did shoot many and here is one I will share. It is a friend of my son and her dog at the Sunshine Sessions downtown Cincinnati. Not sure if allowing pets in this establishment was a one time incident or permanent.
Dave
Attachments
Sarah DEC_9572w B&W #2.jpg
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:34 pm

davechinn wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:28 pm
minniev wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:32 pm

I'll have to say, from your description, I can almost figure out which boy is which. Very fine image Minnie !!!

I wasn't aware of World Photography Day. Altho, I did shoot many and here is one I will share. It is a friend of my son and her dog at the Sunshine Sessions downtown Cincinnati. Not sure if allowing pets in this establishment was a one time incident or permanent.
Dave
Excellent dog-lover photo. The young lady will enjoy a copy of this one. More and more places are becoming dog-friendly.