“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” —Nelson Mandela

Flowers & Plants CritiqueBlackberries In Shade

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Blackberries In Shade

Post by Charles Haacker » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:56 pm

minniev wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:22 pm
Thanks Chuck. It was shot in deep shade of just after sunrise, before the light arrived in the berry patch. I hope they can stay on the bush long enough to ripen. The deer love them, and I can tell by the tracks that they're keeping a close eye on the patch's progress.
When I was a kid my grandparents would often take me with them when they vacationed on Block Island, part of Rhode Island in the Atlantic. Every day we would go for a walk and since the island is small it was pretty much the same walk, partly along a road they had named "blackberry road" although I think it had an actual name. Obviously we called it blackberry road because the road was lined with blackberry bushes, and as we strolled along we looked for the ripe blackberries and et 'em. I don't know if they were on private property but no one ever challenged us, and we really didn't eat too many, and most weren't ripe anyway. :D
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:09 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:56 pm
minniev wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:22 pm
Thanks Chuck. It was shot in deep shade of just after sunrise, before the light arrived in the berry patch. I hope they can stay on the bush long enough to ripen. The deer love them, and I can tell by the tracks that they're keeping a close eye on the patch's progress.
When I was a kid my grandparents would often take me with them when they vacationed on Block Island, part of Rhode Island in the Atlantic. Every day we would go for a walk and since the island is small it was pretty much the same walk, partly along a road they had named "blackberry road" although I think it had an actual name. Obviously we called it blackberry road because the road was lined with blackberry bushes, and as we strolled along we looked for the ripe blackberries and et 'em. I don't know if they were on private property but no one ever challenged us, and we really didn't eat too many, and most weren't ripe anyway. :D
I love Block Island. I've only been once and the blackberry bushes were blooming along with wild roses and a riot of other wildflowers. It smelled like paradise.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:19 am

Pie! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by minniev » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:45 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:19 am
Pie! S-
Just got it out of the oven..y’all come on over.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones