Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"He who knows most knows how little he knows." -Thomas Jefferson

General DiscussionsWho are you?

Chris G
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Who are you?

Post by Chris G » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:47 am

Hello everyone, I'm Chris and here's a small outline of who I'am and what I do..

I live in Australia NSW within a suburb of Wollongong. I moved here about 6 years ago from Whyalla SA. I started photography about 11 years ago now just on a little Olympus 4MP P&S doing macro/ closeup shots of the insect world, which is what grabbed my curiosity to learning more about photography.

As of today I'm more into glamour/boudoir/portraits to which myself and my girlfriend Jaime do. We started our little photography business adventure together almost a year ago now and all seems to going well sofar. Before that, I was just winging it on my own doing all sorts of genes to which I love doing still.

On the side of all that, I also do retouching from high end, commercial and digital art work based stuff in Australia to whom I've worked for such clients as Jason Boland. I've only been a retoucher for only a couple of years now and still refining my skills and knowledge within the area but I seriously love it.

Well I think thats me in a nut shell more or less :D

Cheers all,

Chris
Cheers, Chris..

Facebook: L'Obsession Secrète
Facebook: Random work

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by TomCofer » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:21 am

Welcome Chris!
Thanks for sharing. I'm already enjoying your posts.
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

Steven G Webb
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Post by Steven G Webb » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:13 am

Hello, my name is Steven and with my wife, Sarah-Anne operate Holly Ridge Photography specializing in equine event photography. I'm a native Texan and spent my entire life calling DFW home. This will change over the course of the upcoming year as we transition to the midlands of South Carolina. My background is in traditional classic studio portraiture. I plan to soon establish a brick and mortar studio. Along with portraiture I've developed a very strong interest in photographing food. I've much to learn about food and small tabletop product photography. I'm looking forward to participating here.
If you've never failed you've never tried.
Holly Ridge Photography
Facebook

Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Post by Onslow » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:26 am

Steven G Webb wrote:Hello, my name is Steven and with my wife, Sarah-Anne operate Holly Ridge Photography specializing in equine event photography. I'm a native Texan and spent my entire life calling DFW home. This will change over the course of the upcoming year as we transition to the midlands of South Carolina. My background is in traditional classic studio portraiture. I plan to soon establish a brick and mortar studio. Along with portraiture I've developed a very strong interest in photographing food. I've much to learn about food and small tabletop product photography. I'm looking forward to participating here.

Steven. Excellent to see you come across. :) I was hoping you would join us here. :)

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by TomCofer » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:40 am

Welcome Steven & thanks for sharing.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

CameraKoala
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus

Post by CameraKoala » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:18 pm

I am here!

Thanks for the invite Tom! I'm Miranda (over at the camel I was MaduroMistresss). I live in Savannah, have been photographing a half dozen years and specialize in people/weddings. :) just recently got a new canon 7d mark 2 which may or may not hate me, I haven't decided, but let's say right now it and I are not friends. Otherwise I shoot with a canon 50d and a sony a700 (I think that's what that one is). I have a small studio in my house, and my first wedding of the year is Sunday, I can't wait!!!

Nice place you guys and gals have here!

Camerakoala.com // Facebook.com/camerakoala

squirrelmom
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus

Post by squirrelmom » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Yay Miranda! <3 Welcome.
AUTISM ROCKS!!! (and flaps, and spins and...)

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by TomCofer » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:58 pm

Welcome Miranda! Thanks for sharing and I'm so glad to see you here! I think we're all gonna have a blast. :)

thcofer@charter.net

Lillipond
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus

Post by Lillipond » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:45 am

Hello I’m Liz and I hail from sunny Whyalla, South Australia. I am delighted Onslow has asked be to join this community, I feel I am going to learn and benefit by visiting this site.

I have loved cameras since I was a child. By father had beautiful 1953 Zeiss Ikon Contina Prontor SVS in a lovely brown leather casing. When he passed all I wanted was his camera – by this time it no longer worked, so my siblings let me take it. I took it for its beauty not its functionality.

In 1974 I got my first camera, a Polaroid Colourpack EE88 then a friend gave me a 110mm Kodak Tele-Ektralite 600, which I used to take shots including on my 1st overseas trip in 1985 and my honeymoon.

My husband then bought me a 35mm automatic camera, then every couple of years he would buy me an upgrade including a few digitals along the way. Then 2 years ago when I turned 50, he bought me a lovely Canon 60D, and I thought what I am going to do with this camera. So I took a couple of beginner courses with the Whyalla Photography Group and realised I had been in the dark ages.

The Group has been so good for me, as it has provided me a wonderful interest and I now love photography not just the cameras!

I am a novice and I like to shoot things of beauty and I really like Street Photography.

I recently purchased a beautiful Panasonic GX7 mirrorless camera – it looks retro just like my Dads old camera – I even got the retro leather case – it takes wonderful shots and was more compact for my recent trip to UK, Canada and New York. The GX7 is great for my Street shots and I can let on I am not taking shots of people – sneaky I know.

I have learned how to use Lightroom and Photoshop and with help of the Whyalla Photography Group short course on Lightroom. I really enjoy the post production stage of photography.

I hope to add some of my images and would appreciate some constructive criticism.

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by TomCofer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:11 am

Hello Liz.
Welcome and thanks for sharing! Looking forward to seeing your posts.

thcofer@charter.net