Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

General DiscussionsIn Memoriam - Matt Quinn, Revisited Collection

pop511
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: In Memoriam - Matt Quinn, Revisited Collection

Post by pop511 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:45 am

Matt;
He was a Gentleman. Will miss him.
Kind regards to all:
ed davis

Karen
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Post by Karen » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:13 pm

minniev wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:12 pm
Even before Chuck kindly brought this thread back into the forefront, I'd had Matt on my mind a lot. He was a lot of inspiration to me, and I cherish what he gave us here.

The last email I got from Matt, a few days before he died, simply said "I caught this morning morning's minion". I recognized it as the opening verse from Gerard Manley Hopkins "Windhover". As I've thought of him over the ensuing months, I decided to make a printable version of the poem and use one of his images, and one of mine, as a personal keepsake. The bird is mine, but the seaside image and the feather image are Matt's.
The words, the seaside, your bird—the story on top of the story. They allowed me to see and feel and share the experience of love made real.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:42 pm

Karen wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:13 pm
minniev wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:12 pm
Even before Chuck kindly brought this thread back into the forefront, I'd had Matt on my mind a lot. He was a lot of inspiration to me, and I cherish what he gave us here.

The last email I got from Matt, a few days before he died, simply said "I caught this morning morning's minion". I recognized it as the opening verse from Gerard Manley Hopkins "Windhover". As I've thought of him over the ensuing months, I decided to make a printable version of the poem and use one of his images, and one of mine, as a personal keepsake. The bird is mine, but the seaside image and the feather image are Matt's.
The words, the seaside, your bird—the story on top of the story. They allowed me to see and feel and share the experience of love made real.
Karen, thank you for this. Matt was a dear friend and I'm sorry you did not have a chance to interact with him first hand.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones