Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." - Leo Buscaglia

General DiscussionsIntroduce yourself

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Introduce yourself

Post by Duck » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:40 am

Hi, my name is Charles Unitas but friends call me Duck. I am one of the administrators here on photoMENTORIS. I am a retired tattoo artist of 24 years with an even older background in graphic design and commercial art. Currently I have my own commercial photography studio where I specialize in product photography. I also run a photography meetup group and teach photography through local meetups and camera clubs. On the side I enjoy off roading in my Jeep, though it's getting less and less as I get older :(

My favorite quote is in my signature and I live by that philosophy. I am looking to learn video editing so I can create educational content to share knowledge on YouTube.

Now it's your turn. Introduce yourself so others in the community can learn a little about you.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

b.destin
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Post by b.destin » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:33 am

Hello everyone! Name is Bryan! I’ve been a photographer for roughly 7 years so far and conintue to learn new things every day! I graduated from Eastern Connecticut State University with a degree in social work but that didn’t last very long haha. I followed my passion with photography and have been involved in freelance work for the past 3 years as well as events, portraits, macro work, and fine art.

I currently switched from Canon to Sony and so far, I do not regret my decision. As for work, I currently work at a Best Buy in Connecticut selling Canon cameras as there canon expert. If you guys have any questions or would like to stop by to check out our inventory, please do not hesitate to ask! Also if you’d like to see more of my work you may do so at bryandestinphotography.squarespace.com.

I love collaborating with others so if you have a project in mind or have any questions about photography in general, I also teach a beginners course so please let me know. I’m all ears! =) see you all in the forums!

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:17 am

b.destin wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:33 am
Hello everyone! Name is Bryan! [...]
Hey Bryan, glad to see you here. Feel free to read through some of the posts that strike your interest. We have two major sections for posting images; one for just showcasing your work so others can see what you're up to and the other is for receiving critique in order to improve your skills.

I suggest reading through the User's Guide under the Quick Links to get a feel for how the forum works.

Looking forward to seeing what you have to offer.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:24 pm

Welcome to the forum b.destin...looking forward to seeing your posts..

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:38 pm

b.destin wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:33 am
Hello everyone! Name is Bryan! I’ve been a photographer for roughly 7 years so far and conintue to learn new things every day! I graduated from Eastern Connecticut State University with a degree in social work but that didn’t last very long haha. I followed my passion with photography and have been involved in freelance work for the past 3 years as well as events, portraits, macro work, and fine art.

I currently switched from Canon to Sony and so far, I do not regret my decision. As for work, I currently work at a Best Buy in Connecticut selling Canon cameras as there canon expert. If you guys have any questions or would like to stop by to check out our inventory, please do not hesitate to ask! Also if you’d like to see more of my work you may do so at bryandestinphotography.squarespace.com.

I love collaborating with others so if you have a project in mind or have any questions about photography in general, I also teach a beginners course so please let me know. I’m all ears! =) see you all in the forums!
Welcome to pM, from a fellow social worker who’s lots older than you and didn’t (re)discover photography until a decade ago, 5 years before I retired.

Please share some of your own pictures to discuss here, and give us feedback on what we post. We would love to have you Involved in our little community!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones