Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
Waiting On An Update - The Reply Error Message Is An Annoyance, But The Site Still Works

― Artistic Expression ShowcaseNew - like to teach. :-)

Xgender
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

New - like to teach. :-)

Post by Xgender » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:21 am

Hi

I'm new here - found this site through Duck's blog (thank you Duck!). I'm retired from photography, which of course means I'm busier than ever with the camera, lol. Until recently I taught (photography/Photoshop/fine art printing/presentation) and I'm still fortunate to have students with whom I am in regular contact. I'm thinking I'd like a broader audience than my former one-on-one teaching style has allowed. I'd like to put together a more comprehensive, more accessible group of tutorials based on my techniques and style, both video and written word. I'm hoping the people here have ideas that may help me further that goal. Otherwise, it's always nice to be in the company of photographers.

Thanks for having me. 8):

Kindness,

Miss Julian

Recent self portrait. "At the Root of It"
Miss Julian Grey
I am non-binary, transgender. Please refer to me as she/her/Ms.
www.xgender.net

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:35 am

Hey Miss Julian, it's wonderful to have you here and love the selfie! Make yourself at home and enjoy! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Xgender
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus

Post by Xgender » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:49 am

St3v3M wrote:Hey Miss Julian, it's wonderful to have you here and love the selfie! Make yourself at home and enjoy! S-

Thank you for being so welcoming, S. :thanks:
Miss Julian Grey
www.xgender.net

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:00 am

Xgender wrote:Thank you for being so welcoming, S. :thanks:

We're all family here! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Hi Miss Julian, I think that shot is amazing. I hope very much you pursue the teaching idea - I know that I would benefit greatly from it. I'm here to learn.

One idea... develop the bits and pieces here, it is a small group with a willingness to learn and provide feedback and thoughts also. Then as it takes shape, post the work (teaching) in a more formal fashion.

But regardless, I am willing to learn and willing to work hard to make that so and look forward to your friendship.

Respect,
Piet

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:41 pm

Hello and welcome to our community of photo-folk of all backgrounds and levels. That's a powerful and imaginative image with so many levels of story and so many lessons in art.

We like to talk, and we like to share, and we all want to learn, so jump in wherever you're comfortable, and know that we're delighted to have you amongst us!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Matt Quinn » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:09 pm

Xgender wrote:Hi

I'm new here - found this site through Duck's blog (thank you Duck!). I'm retired from photography, which of course means I'm busier than ever with the camera, lol. Until recently I taught (photography/Photoshop/fine art printing/presentation) and I'm still fortunate to have students with whom I am in regular contact. I'm thinking I'd like a broader audience than my former one-on-one teaching style has allowed. I'd like to put together a more comprehensive, more accessible group of tutorials based on my techniques and style, both video and written word. I'm hoping the people here have ideas that may help me further that goal. Otherwise, it's always nice to be in the company of photographers.

Thanks for having me. 8):

Kindness,

Miss Julian

Recent self portrait. "At the Root of It"

Stunning image, Miss Julian. Genie in the bottle. Wonderful metaphor for your evident talent. Modest. Provocative. Revealing. Honest. Curious. Lustrous colors, texture and tones. This will be a thrilling ride. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:17 pm

Miss Julian, it is such a pleasure to see you join our ranks here at photoMENTORIS. As others have mentioned, it is a small and intimate community of people willing to learn and share.

One of our earliest goals for this site was to attract photography instructors and give them a platform for sharing. TO that end we have a closed forum called The Teacher's Lounge that is only for photography instructors to share concepts, ideas, horror stories, bitch, find solutions and anything else that comes with the territory. That part of the forum is still in its infancy but I hope you can make use of it.

We look forward to seeing you around our halls. Thanks for joining.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

Xgender
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus

Post by Xgender » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:36 am

PietFrancke wrote:Hi Miss Julian, I think that shot is amazing. I hope very much you pursue the teaching idea - I know that I would benefit greatly from it. I'm here to learn.

One idea... develop the bits and pieces here, it is a small group with a willingness to learn and provide feedback and thoughts also. Then as it takes shape, post the work (teaching) in a more formal fashion.

But regardless, I am willing to learn and willing to work hard to make that so and look forward to your friendship.

Respect,
Piet

Hi Piet and thank you for the enthusiastic welcome. :-)

I look forward to working with you as well.

Kindness, Ms J
Miss Julian Grey
www.xgender.net

Xgender
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus

Post by Xgender » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:38 am

minniev wrote:Hello and welcome to our community of photo-folk of all backgrounds and levels. That's a powerful and imaginative image with so many levels of story and so many lessons in art.

We like to talk, and we like to share, and we all want to learn, so jump in wherever you're comfortable, and know that we're delighted to have you amongst us!

Thank you minniev. I am excited about the possibilities and your warm greeting just adds to that. :)
Miss Julian Grey
www.xgender.net