“It is better to inspire than direct." —Sheryl Sandberg

Member's ShowcaseEmbrace of an Angel

Show off your artistic or experimental side of photography.
- Abstract, collages, still life, digital or analog manipulations... Whatever doesn't fit in another category.
Bob Yankle
Mentoris Inceptor
Mentoris Inceptor
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Embrace of an Angel

Postby Bob Yankle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:59 pm

RagDoll cats are about as laid back as they come ...... and beautiful to boot. It's almost a heavenly feeling to hold one in your arms.
Attachments
HighKeyRagdoll_UHH.jpg

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Tertius
Mentoris Tertius
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Embrace of an Angel

Postby Charles Haacker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:39 pm

OH that is just gorgeous, both the cat and more especially the picture, which is splendidly executed!

I did not know they were called "ragdolls." I think we had one that we named Gandalf (the White). Poor Gandalf exacerbated poor Daphne's asthma (we never knew how much until he died at 14). Matt loved him, but Gandalf had a red flag on his file at the vet for "bad cat." Gandalf had a terrible, terrible temper. :S No angel that one! :devil:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Bob Yankle
Mentoris Inceptor
Mentoris Inceptor

Postby Bob Yankle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:OH that is just gorgeous, both the cat and more especially the picture, which is splendidly executed!

I did not know they were called "ragdolls." I think we had one that we named Gandalf (the White). Poor Gandalf exacerbated poor Daphne's asthma (we never knew how much until he died at 14). Matt loved him, but Gandalf had a red flag on his file at the vet for "bad cat." Gandalf had a terrible, terrible temper. :S No angel that one! :devil:

Thank you Chuck. I guess it takes all kinds, even in the cat world. Luckily all of ours have been sweeties, or they ignore us completely - but none of them have been mean. If they were, they wouldn't last long in our home - they'd be gone!

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Matt Quinn » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:49 am

Bob, You have replaced your noble photo with a glowing avatar. Candle? Really exotic. I am allergic to cats; but they love me and seek me out and rub against my legs. And I die. So, no comment on the cat, but the photo is enchanting. Well done. Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

Bob Yankle
Mentoris Inceptor
Mentoris Inceptor

Postby Bob Yankle » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:25 am

Matt Quinn wrote:Bob, You have replaced your noble photo with a glowing avatar. Candle? Really exotic. I am allergic to cats; but they love me and seek me out and rub against my legs. And I die. So, no comment on the cat, but the photo is enchanting. Well done. Matt

Thank you Matt. Sorry to hear about the cat allegies. Strangely enough, in about 7 years, you may actually grow out of them (my mother lost hers after a while).

The new avatar is somwhat symbolic ..... I still have a bright inner flame that wishes to express itself, but each year other things impinge upon it and makes its scope narrower than it once was.

Bob sends ..... Keep smiling!

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby St3v3M » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:56 am

This is a beautiful use of white-against-white with a beautiful subject. I really like this one! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Return to “Artistic Expressions”