Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Scapes ShowcasePichi Richi Railway..........

Landscapes, cityscapes, skyscapes, seascapes, starscapes, panoramas
Post Reply
User avatar
Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:42 am
Location: Whyalla, South Australia
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Pichi Richi Railway..........

Post by Onslow »

I had a visit to the Flinders Raqnges a few months ago with some friends from our local photogrpahy group. We were lucky enough to get some images of the steam train that runs on the Pichi Richi Railway taking tourists on a trip up and down the line.
http://www.pichirichirailway.org.au/

1)
Image

2)
Image

3)
Image

4)
Image

5)
Image

6)
Image

7)
Image

8)
Image

9)
Image

User avatar
TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2635
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:42 am
Location: Fredericktown, MO
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by TomCofer »

Great batch of shots John. Don't know that I'd wait on the tracks for an oncoming train though.
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

User avatar
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2765
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am
Location: Shelton, CT
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Duck »

Some really great shots. Of course I also enjoy those obligatory photos of the other photographers in the group. :D
A couple years ago I did a similar shoot of an old coal burner that makes an annual visit to a local RR museum. I had a chance to chat with the engineer while the train was reloading passengers. He confided that while he didn't mind photographers taking photos of the train as it passed by, he always gets nervous when they get too close to the track. I noticed one such shot and it reminded me of that conversation. My opinion is that those are the best shots hen you can get in there close and personal.

Nice series.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Website : Unitas Photography
Facebook : Unitas Photography
Instagram : @unitasphotography
Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

User avatar
Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:42 am
Location: Whyalla, South Australia
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Post by Onslow »

Duck wrote:Some really great shots. Of course I also enjoy those obligatory photos of the other photographers in the group. :D
A couple years ago I did a similar shoot of an old coal burner that makes an annual visit to a local RR museum. I had a chance to chat with the engineer while the train was reloading passengers. He confided that while he didn't mind photographers taking photos of the train as it passed by, he always gets nervous when they get too close to the track. I noticed one such shot and it reminded me of that conversation. My opinion is that those are the best shots hen you can get in there close and personal.

Nice series.

Cheers Duck.. :)
The images of photographers were done with plenty of space. The view was chosen deliberately to give the effect of closeness. The first image with the 2 on the track was taken with the train behind us all. We were around 200 yds from the station. The train was stationary for an hr or two while the passengers had a meal/wine experience. :)

User avatar
Mario
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:53 am
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Mario »

Nice series - I like the 2nd and 5th and especially the 8th one the most here - up close and giving you a sense of the beauty and power of the locomotive.
mario
---------------

Nikon, Fuji, assorted lighting, accessories
my website http://www.photodiction.com
my facebook photography page: http://www.facebook.com/MarioCerroniPhotography

User avatar
Ernst-Ulrich Schafer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:17 pm
Location: Port Angeleeeeeeees, WA
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Ernst-Ulrich Schafer »

That engine is impressive!!! Good stuff all the way around.
Today is the Day, a New Day.

User avatar
Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:42 am
Location: Whyalla, South Australia
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Post by Onslow »

Mario wrote:Nice series - I like the 2nd and 5th and especially the 8th one the most here - up close and giving you a sense of the beauty and power of the locomotive.

Thank you Mario..It is good seeing an old steam train going past... :)

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer wrote:That engine is impressive!!! Good stuff all the way around.

Thank you Ernst.. :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests