Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

People CritiqueSetteling In

Images containing people; portraits, family, lifestyle, street, photojournalism, sports, weddings
Ed Shapiro
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Setteling In

Post by Ed Shapiro »

Tom! You got that right- he could be my grandson- I'm very OLD! :rofl: :lol:

Ed

Bob's Photography
Mentoris Inceptor
Mentoris Inceptor
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by Bob's Photography »

Ed, What do you call "very old"? I want to know when I get there.

Bob

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Duck »

Ed Shapiro wrote:Tom! You got that right- he could be my grandson- I'm very OLD! :rofl: :lol:

Ed

Well, if you consider yourself very old then I know some very ancient people. :photo:
I hope when I am your age I can be as active and involved as you. At 50 I'm feeling all the aches and pains that don't want to heal up as fast as they used to.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Business Website : Unitas Photography
Join me Monday nights at 6:30pm EST via Zoom to Learn Photography with Duck or,
Watch past episodes on YouTube
Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

Bob's Photography
Mentoris Inceptor
Mentoris Inceptor

Post by Bob's Photography »

Ed, you don't look THAT old in your avatar, or is it photoshop?
Duck, I got 15 years on you, my aches and pains are getting better from clean living. :D :D :D

Bobby Deal
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Bobby Deal »

Bob's Photography wrote:Bobby, I think the B&W is more powerful, I really love it.
A quick story about bikers... back around 1970 I was traveling cross country with a friend in my 428 Mustang. One late evening the car started to sputter and have problems. We drove into a town and found the mechanic had closed for the day, so we pulled up in front of the service bay and decided to sleep in the car till morning. After a little while I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a guy coming toward us carrying a shotgun, which led me to notice townspeople on the roofs of buildings with rifles. The guy asked us what we were doing there and we told him about waiting for the mechanic in the morning. The guy turns to us and says "you better get out of here, Hell's Angels are coming and there's gonna be trouble". I did everything I had to to get the car running, sputtering and all, and we drove out of town. A couple of miles out of town we found an abandoned gas station, pulled in and raised the hood. After about an hour, a group of 10 Hell's Angels came by and stopped (at that moment I almost soiled myself), they came over and asked if they could help and spent the next 1/2 hour + looking at the engine. They never found the problem, but we made 10 new friends. We never found out what happened in town but we did tell the guys what we were told before they zoomed off. The old saying "never tell a book by its cover" is very apropos. I found many times after that that most "hard" bikers have a heart of gold.

Bob

Thanks Bob and apologies for the slow response this move has really drawn me away from the computer and I have minimal internet access at the moment as well. I appreciate the comment on the photo and will agree with you about the Angels, I have known and bewen froends with a good many of them in my years on this planet and I have always known that if there were ever to be friends I could count on to have my back it was my fully patched ones

Bobby Deal - Commercial Photographer

MY SMUGMUG GALLERIES

"The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"

PhotoMentoris- "A diverse artistic community dedicated to a culture of photographic education, sharing and creative tolerance"

Bobby Deal
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Bobby Deal »

CResQ wrote:Congratulations Bobby on the move, Las Vegas has lost an incredible photographer. Love your first portrait in Colorado my friend.

Thanks your comments mean a lot to me and I am looking forward to putting together a weekend long event here in Colorado later this summer perhaps as a reunion of the UHH 8

MY SMUGMUG GALLERIES

PhotoMentoris- "A diverse artistic community dedicated to a culture of photographic education, sharing and creative tolerance"

Bobby Deal
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Bobby Deal »

Ed Shapiro wrote:Hey Bobby!

OUTSTANDING WORK!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm glad to hear that the settling in process in moving along well. Good luck with the housing situation- sounds like a nice community there-I am sure you will find something soon!

Best regards, Ed

Thank you Ed, your comments on my work are always greatly respected and appreciated. The settling in is going a bit slower than hoped but we have a safe roof over our heads and a studio to shoot in so things are for the most part good. Having a bit of trouble getting a consistent and affordable internet solution at the moment. At this time I am limited to my verizon hotspot and the value they place on data is beyond extortion but as my current residence is only temporary I don't want to commit to a contract with a major provider at this time..

MY SMUGMUG GALLERIES

WesternGuy
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by WesternGuy »

Bobby, congrats on the move. I had to get out my map of Colorado to see where Fort Collins was as I am going to be visiting Colorado this summer in the Denver area and south and west. Then we will go up to Sterling. My wife's mother was born in that area and my wife, who is into genealogy, wants to go and check out gravestones in some of the local cemeteries to see if she can find any of her ancestors.

I really like that black and white portrait much better than the colour one. There is a certain character to it that colour just doesn't have in this case. :thumbup:

I hope you get settled so that all the stress of the move dies off quickly.

WesternGuy
You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn't waste either. - Galen Rowell

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
My new blog: http://photowestguy.wordpress.com/