Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

General DiscussionsYes, it is a Pain

Open Forum - This is the official "any-topic" portion of the site. Stop in, say "hello", comment on photo or non-photo related topics, vent your frustrations or just chill out. The choice is yours.
davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Yes, it is a Pain

Post by davechinn »

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 506: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 1836: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3279)

BUT I hope someone from Support looks into it soon. :( :?

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev »

We are waiting for Duck to find time to do a software update. Steve and I have looked at it and it's a bit complicated. We are afraid tinker with it for fear we will shut down the whole forum. That has happened once, so we are well aware of what bumbling around in the backside can do!

The exact same warning is what I get at every reply post. Sometimes a new post will go through without generating the warning. Is that what's happening with you too?
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

minniev wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:45 pm
We are waiting for Duck to find time to do a software update. Steve and I have looked at it and it's a bit complicated. We are afraid tinker with it for fear we will shut down the whole forum. That has happened once, so we are well aware of what bumbling around in the backside can do!

The exact same warning is what I get at every reply post. Sometimes a new post will go through without generating the warning. Is that what's happening with you too?

Thanks for the info Minnie. I understand not to mess with anything one is doubtful and knows nothing about, but how long is the wait? Since I have been absent, I have no clue to how long the system has been this way.

This is what I'm getting and I'm sure it's probably the same for you.
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-02-12 10.16.56.png

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by davechinn »

Minnie, I don't want to speak too soon. The site seems to be working now, or maybe just a coincidence? I'll keep my fingers crossed for a little while.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

davechinn wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:45 pm
Minnie, I don't want to speak too soon. The site seems to be working now, or maybe just a coincidence? I'll keep my fingers crossed for a little while.
Don’t get too optimistic, I’ve had a few posts that were normal but most get the error message.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3Murray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by St3v3Murray »

Duck's a volunteer and a busy artist so luckily it's only an annoyance for now. We're all hoping for an update soon though! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck »

Sorry this took so long to resolve. Between my surprisingly busier schedule last month (yeay me, boo for the forum) and some unforeseen concerns about the latest version of phpBB3 this issue went on longer than it should have. I take full responsibility and apologize wholeheartedly.

As you may have noticed, we lost some things in the upgrade, most noticeably the style theme of the site. While we did some bouncing around I think we may have settled on something close to what we have become familiar with in the past. Unfortunately the site is not completely out of hot water. There are some outdated extensions that make the forum run smoother that will need to be monitored. While they are 'playing nice' for now, who knows what havoc they might cause down the road. I am hoping the developers of those mods do their thing soon and release updates.

In the meantime, I rely on all you fine people to report any new issues that may pop up. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience this recent debacle may have caused. Onward and upward!
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Business Website : Unitas Photography
Join me Monday nights at 6:30pm EST via Zoom to Learn Photography with Duck or,
Watch past episodes on YouTube
Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

St3v3Murray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by St3v3Murray »

Duck wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:23 pm
Sorry this took so long to resolve. Between my surprisingly busier schedule last month (yeay me, boo for the forum) and some unforeseen concerns about the latest version of phpBB3 this issue went on longer than it should have. I take full responsibility and apologize wholeheartedly.

As you may have noticed, we lost some things in the upgrade, most noticeably the style theme of the site. While we did some bouncing around I think we may have settled on something close to what we have become familiar with in the past. Unfortunately the site is not completely out of hot water. There are some outdated extensions that make the forum run smoother that will need to be monitored. While they are 'playing nice' for now, who knows what havoc they might cause down the road. I am hoping the developers of those mods do their thing soon and release updates.

In the meantime, I rely on all you fine people to report any new issues that may pop up. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience this recent debacle may have caused. Onward and upward!
Shame, shame, shame. You should be forced to submit three photos as punishment!

In all seriousness, thank you for all the work you put into keeping up and running! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck »

Three images, huh? I think I can do that. Stay tuned...
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Business Website : Unitas Photography
Join me Monday nights at 6:30pm EST via Zoom to Learn Photography with Duck or,
Watch past episodes on YouTube
Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.