Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

General DiscussionsUpdates

Open Forum - This is the official "any-topic" portion of the site. Stop in, say "hello", comment on photo or non-photo related topics, vent your frustrations or just chill out. The choice is yours.
Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Updates

Post by Psjunkie »

Well I finally decided to update my macbook from High Sierra to Catlina...I was worried as I had read some plug-ins might not work but wanted to stay fairly up to date with Ps.....To my surprise all things are working after having to move some plug-in folders to the new Ps2021location....just thought I'd put this out there...no guarantee for anyone else

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:46 pm
Well I finally decided to update my macbook from High Sierra to Catlina...I was worried as I had read some plug-ins might not work but wanted to stay fairly up to date with Ps.....To my surprise all things are working after having to move some plug-in folders to the new Ps2021location....just thought I'd put this out there...no guarantee for anyone else
I just did the same with my desktop, but only moved from High Sierra to Mojave though, not all the way to Catalina, which would murder a few programs I depend on and am not ready to purchase new versions yet. I’m hoping to stave off a new computer till they change out the chips next year, because I figure there’ll be a lot more changes then. The move to Mojave was fairly painless, and some of my photoshop glitches were solved by the upgrade. Lightroom went OK too though it added 70,000 random photos to a collection I’d spent 4 hours assembling, so that was aggravating but not as aggravating as bricking a computer or corrupting a catalog.

The plugins moved more efficiently than they usually do. As usual, some of the improvements in the programs are really neat, and others are not quite as miraculous as advertise. Overall it went pretty well.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones